On call bliss....don't you just LOVE it?? Nothing like being buzzed at ungodly hours of the morning when you are sick as can be and fighting to get to sleep to begin with! Silly things like a forgotten password, or a report needing to be resent, or a power blip that causes everything to crash. Now I sit here and write as many systems are down and I wait for the networking gurus to work their magic, get those citrix connections back in order and then I step up to the plate to reboot servers, restart services, and make sure everyone is all snug as a bug in a rug.
My last weekend on the on call rotation and all hell breaks loose. I think the person watching over me has horns on his head and no halo! Oh well...life goes on and so does work. I was bored anyway..lonely, bored, sick, coughing, and the only person in my life giving me some TLC is my dog.
Not that you care, but since I have the time....my kids are grown and doing their own thing and could care less to stop in and see sick old mom. The guy I proclaimed my love to is galavanting across Texas this weekend with his camera in tow having a good time. He is there for two weeks for work when it is usually me on the road for work and it is just driving me insane to be so alone. At least when I am traveling for work I am interacting with so many people and keeping stimulated and busy. Oh, I am busy here at home...but alone busy. I hate being alone.
I don't like the feeling of being a bother when I call Mr. Camera man in Texas because Ms. Lonely in Michigan has no one to talk to or snuggle up to or to make her feel better. I don't like being alone at all if you haven't guessed it already. I just need some TLC along with smoothly running hospital systems.....is that asking too much??
~E