Okay I promise to NOT carry on about the Health care reform but I DO want to leave you with a site shared by a friend of mine on Facebook...he is probably the ONLY one on board with me there (Facebook) with this health care band wagon I am on....http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/seven-falsehoods-about-health-care/ Just in case you want some facts...
Well, back to my life of drama. I am here at my home away from home...the airport. I sit here watching people (something I love to do) and in the southern parts of Florida there are some really interesting people to watch! Especially the comings and goings at this particular airport. I had a splendous dinner last night for a co-worker who is leaving the company to be at home with his new baby and wife. No more travel. Hmmmm....someone asked me today how I would feel about not traveling any more. When I stand on one foot: I say I won't mind at all...then when I shift to the other foot I cringe and say I will miss it terribly.
In my line of work, working from home leaves very little social interaction. Not a good thing for 'E' but I suppose I can find some compromises somewhere. The one thing I would truly miss is the elite form of travel I do and the higher class of people I get to meet. On a daily basis I would normally not meet people who are on the 'wealth healthy' end of the financial spectrum. But however in my life of travel I meet them (this class of folks) constantly. When I say 'them' I mean the traveled, educated, cultured, and business minded people of whom I love to chat with and jump over to their side of thinking if only for an hour or a few moments. Like me they love to talk about work, life, and travel. We are a lonely breed us travelers.
Will I have these types of opportunities afforded to me if I no longer travel? I think not. I have been day dreaming a lot of my 'final destination' in life.....the Pacific North West. I can't wait to plant my feet there and breath a sigh of relief that I have finally made it to where I have always wanted to live. I tend to get along really well with the people there and I fit right in. I wish I can make this finality a sooner than later reality but the fact of the matter is I have one more child I need to see through school. So put that fact back into the forefront of my mind and yes, it would be nice to no longer travel and be home daily for her. Yes, it would be nice to see her through school and be there to guide her to making good choices. Yes, it would be nice to be her primary provider and have control over her future rather than leaving her here and there in the hands of her father.
Speaking of......I need to be living my life without his dark shadow looming over me. If I am home....I can be sure he is NOT pushing into my life for anything other than my daughter's personal needs. Hell, I only have three more years and that will go by very fast. The PNW is not so far out of reach for me really. I just need to secure a job that will allow me to fulfill my aspirations personally and professionally.The best of it all is that I am heading to the place that holds my heart on Sunday for two weeks. Two beautiful, wondrous, lovely weeks. I will be my at my most happiest....I will radiate.
~E