Friday, November 27, 2009

A Mother's sadness....

My boy's box of belongings arrived at my doorstep today. I left the box by the front door unable to open it. He has joined the Navy and is now in boot camp. I am such a proud mom but right now I am selfishly sad. Selfish because I just want the comfort of knowing he is close to me and within my reach for protection. I teased him and myself by saying I would be happy that he has finally left home but the reality of it all is that I miss him. I miss him every moment of every day. He is my only boy, sandwiched between two girls he did the best he could!!

The box will remain by the front door. I won't open it. Its my daily reminder that he is gone but will return to retrieve his belongings. In a sense it keeps him close to me!

~E