Life is but a challenge and we either embrace it and hold on for the ride or get off and sit on the side lines. Its our obligation to find something good in our lives and live it accordingly. We were given this opportunity to be here so why not? Might as well make the best of it and find some of those good things big, small, or indifferent to grab onto.
Coming around full circle from happiness to depression to happiness.....I feel like I am a good example of hitting the bottom and grabbing onto something to crawl back up to the top. Darkness isn't a great thing to surround yourself in. Curiously my whole life I have battled this in and out of happiness, confusion, sadness....being bi-polar (even if I am mildly so) can definitely make life a roller coaster. I LOVE those high moments when nothing can bring me down and all I want to do is dance. I grab that and run with it!
Part of my coming full circle is my curiosity or pull towards some form of meditation. Since I was a child I have always gone 'off' into my own world in a sort of meditative state and have taken myself somewhere else. Lately this curiosity is back and I find myself briefly wanting to go back to this place of the unknown and appreciate everything around me. Om Namah Shivaya is true to how I have always felt about my life. Every day I give thanks for what I am blessed with by stopping everything, shutting off my mind, listening to the sound of silence and honoring the divinity that resides within me. Battling life or fighting against it is just not in the cards for me. I am truly lucky, blessed, happy, and without regret for anything that I have done or will do. Cleansing the mind daily and giving back even if its for two minutes of meditation and thanks is worth it to me. You all may not understand it but I do...and life is good for me. I am happy.
Ciao,
~E
