Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine ~ A Day for Love

I took a look back on what I wrote last year for Valentine and it was a short blip on what it was about  and how sentimental I was about celebrating Valentines Day ~ however, sadly all my blogs preceding and proceeding were all about the love and the lack there of it in my life. Yes I had a boyfriend at the time but it was not a healthy relationship obviously because I felt empty when it came to love. This is something I now know full well and am in a much better place spiritually, emotionally, with eyes wide open, and of course living in the world of love as well. So I write this year with a heart full of love that is no where near lacking in any sense of the word.

Valentines Day a day of celebrating love and affection between intimate companions; according to Wikipedia, and is one of my favorite Hallmark days of the year. Although I always make a point of telling the people in my life I love them, its a day to make an emphasis on the one person who makes it all worth it to say just how much you really love them with a card, or flowers, candy, a kiss, a dinner, or whatever you think shows them that you really really love them. I think its cute to give your kids things when they are younger as I used to do but when they are older the point gets lost...for me its for the adults to share the love that they have for each other.

What a difference a year can make. I went from feeling so alone and lost to feeling so full of love and happier than I have ever been in years. When your kids tell you that they haven't seen you this happy since they were little....then you know you are doing something right! Happy Valentine's Day!