Tuesday, July 30, 2013

She is gone

My youngest left for Navy boot camp yesterday and I have both happy and sad feelings. I am most proud of her and know she will do well. This is something she has wanted for a long time. As a mother I am sad because she is my youngest and I miss her so much. She is the second of mine to join the Navy and know that they are no longer free to do as they wish and will be out of touch for long periods of time. I will not be able to see her at will. Talk to her when I want to is not an option. It was hard enough she was a poor communicator and not very good at reaching out to me but now she is completely out of my hands. Yes she has flown the coup and I must get over it.
 In eight weeks I get to cry again as I see her at PIR Graduation and beam with pride as I watch her march in line with all the other new sailors. I can't wait to see my girl transform into a woman as I saw my son transform into a man when he went through the very same thing. It's a beautiful thing and as I sit here in sadness now I know at that moment it will all be worth it to see the joy and success of my daughter.