With the economic turmoil of today it is scary being a consultant floating from contract to contract with no guarantees. No doubt it is scary for most of us in the work force, period! You would think that having a career in health care will keep me employed as there will always be a need. In my eyes nothing is guaranteed.
Anxiety builds up as I near the end of my contract every time. I have been lucky....I count my blessings. So far over the last three years I have had new possibilities pop up at just the right time. Here we are again...the end of my contract is coming up at the close of this month. I am in angst yet again with the silent response of my 'ping' out to those that are seeking my skillset for their health care I.T project.
This weekend as I am down to the wire and in angst my phone rings and Emails flow in. An extension and three new offers. Sweet. Blessed yet again!!!
I wrote in my journal, the below back in July but ponder these words today.....
The stepping stones of life (and relationships) are different sizes and shapes. I take each step tenderly, wondering what the next one may bring. Will the stone be wobbly, stable, broken, colorful, dark, or just right?
Looking ahead too far can distort my idea of what I might be seeing. Looking back can make me second guess my first opinion of the stone I just stepped upon or the one I choose to step upon next. I take a deep breath as I anticipate the next step. Butterfilies in the stomach, racing heart in the chest, I hesitate.
Energy surrounds me as my foot moves out in front of me and slowly, gently comes down to meet the next stone for which I step........
~E