Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Color My World...

July 08

I live in a coloring book full of stories and adventures. My book is primarily black and white and has my name neatly written on the first page –

This book belongs to: Erica.

The book is quite big and is growing, as it should until my life is complete.
Some pages in my book are full of vibrant colors neatly drawn within the lines and absolutely beautiful. Other pages are not as vibrantly colored nor are they drawn within the lines however; those pages are also absolutely beautiful. There are yet a few pages that contain a lot of dark colors of gray and black angrily scribbled across the pictures in the story.

The dark colored drawings are not quite 'beautiful 'per-say to look at and perhaps don't leave you feeling any joy in the story. Yet, those dark pages are indeed also beautiful. They are me. They contain my story. Without them there would be no story or interest in my life.
My book contains a LOT of uncolored pages more so than those that have some color on them. It is not a bad thing, nor a good thing…it is just the current state of my book. It just is. Each page has the potential to be beautiful and interesting regardless of type of color. It is my story…it is me.

I am grateful to those that have filled some of my pages with vibrant color, limited color, dark colors, stayed in the lines, went outside of the lines, and just plainly put color into my world. Thank you – Thank you! When my book is complete I hope most of the pages contain some color so I can hand the book over with a smile and confidence of a job well done. So I ask of you …reader of this blog…will you help me color my world? I hope to add some color to yours.......