Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Demonstration is what got my goat today. I found out that I...yes me....glorious me must demo this system to the stakeholders next week. Nerd that I am...techie freak that I love to be... has no desire to demo a product! I am not a user or a lab tech - I am a builder, programmer, worker bee. I had a client in the past that had me teaching 100+ people how to use the system at various levels of responsibility such as a rad tech, a radiologist, a transcriptionist....and yes that was a radiology system. I built it...then I had to teach it. I was the most odd ball teacher in the world. My students looked at me with the deer in the headlight look....I drifted off talking of this variable and that variable and the code here required that code there...oh yes, and back to the teaching of how to 'click' on this button and how to 'run' that report. I got through it and ended up being pretty good at it but believe me it was painful for both the students and myself!

I have no idea how people really love to teach .... it is very boring and mundane when it comes to software. I would so rather program, build, and design. Its a different agenda every day!! : )
So to demo this product??? UGH!!!! God bless the audience and may their heads not be filled with my blurry misty smoke talk! Hopefully someone else will do the talking for me and save those stakeholders from having their ears bleed!

demo....HA! Now that is very very funny!!!

I am off to fly in the big blue sky....see ya!

~E