
So much news on the AIG bonus scandal...I want a bonus! How do people get away with such things anyway and walk away in good conscience? Amazing....I bet they didn't even work very hard. I haven't had a bonus in some time due to the economy yet I work extremely hard. I am not wishing anyone to lose a well deserved bonus - I just hope they deserve it and that it does not cause harm to anyone else.
Anyway....my thoughts on health care....Health care has come so far in such a small amount of time. I remember starting out working on paper and then the introduction of computers slowly over the years until paper became a thing of the past. I find it amazing that I can visit a hospital in the USA in 2009 that actually still processed patients in a blood bank completely via paper. They recently have gone up on computers (within months) yet this facility is NOT small by any means and is one of the larger hospitals in the area. No computers? Say it isn't so!!!
I had a client in Canada that was slow to adapt and did most processes on paper and very little on computer. I thought it was odd to have the front desk clerk be the registrar, the information desk, the operator, and evening janitor!! At least they had a computer on their desk....a NEW one at that! Ah, job security is a sweet thing isn't it?
Amazing......
~E