
Why is it that Pathologists have such a strong hold on decision making in the lab? Perhaps it is just an illusion for them and they behave as though their power is strong and ever so important. Or perhaps I don't understand their importance and leverage with the organization. Today I met the most stubborn and demanding pathologist ever and he demanded that the reports he created...all 280+ of them transfer to the new system exactly as he created them. Phewie on the corporate standard. He wants administrative control of the system so he can make changes as he sees fit..again, phewie on corporate standards and restricted securities. He wants what he wants when he wants it. Period. No exceptions, no compromise. He uses one instrument and needs that interfaced to my system and to accept ADT information....okay no problem. He comes back into my work area prior to my departure and decided he now wants to know the entire LAB department's instrument's interfacing capability and a listing of the possible interface boxes that are acceptable....huh?
Okay okay...the politically correct handling of this situation did occur. Yes sir. Of course. We will review your reports. Yes. Yes. Yes. We will get you that information. We will do our best for you. (Just......for.....the very special...YOU!)
All the annoyances aside I do appreciate the discomfort of the impact of changing a work flow that is so set and so accommodable. I am not here to aide in stepping backwards but really enhance and move forward with the trends and technology. I am so glad I am not part of the political decision making for any organization. I am just a worker bee....you tell me how you want it and I will make it so. Of course the caveat is that as long as the corporate stake holders allow me to!
Ugh....
~E
Okay okay...the politically correct handling of this situation did occur. Yes sir. Of course. We will review your reports. Yes. Yes. Yes. We will get you that information. We will do our best for you. (Just......for.....the very special...YOU!)
All the annoyances aside I do appreciate the discomfort of the impact of changing a work flow that is so set and so accommodable. I am not here to aide in stepping backwards but really enhance and move forward with the trends and technology. I am so glad I am not part of the political decision making for any organization. I am just a worker bee....you tell me how you want it and I will make it so. Of course the caveat is that as long as the corporate stake holders allow me to!
Ugh....
~E