Sitting here at the Newark airport I am observing. People watching so to speak. Crying kids, foreigners, young college kids.....elderly. You know the airport is a plethora of nationalities and personality types. Quite the place to people watch really. Well, having a HUGE hassle getting off and out of Florida this morning...the airline is not able to find my reservation, the computers being down, the bus driver taking his time to get me to the terminal...I cried. I just want to go home. I love traveling but getting up at 3:30am is not my cup of tea so needless to say I am tired and grumpy.
Finally getting on the plane I relax and am pleased to be heading home. As the plane is speeding down the run way to take off a horrendous pow sound startles me and then thump thump thump until we lift off. "I think we blew a tire" I said to my coe-hort in First class who couldn't stop bragging to his girlfriend on the phone prior to take off, how he got bumped up to first class and it is soooooo awesome! Ugh. Give me a break and give me some silence please. Yippy Kiyaye! Actually, to his credit he is a very nice young man but after today's drama of getting from point A to point B I am a little edgy and not a very friendly business traveler.
As we land...again thump thump...screech and stop. We are stuck in the middle of the tarmac with a blown tire. Duh. The captain announces it will take some time to get a crew out to tow us from the runway and pull us to a terminal. Joy. Almost an hour later with fire trucks and emergency vehicles all around us, we get towed to our destination. Can my day be any more adventurous? Yes.
I get off my plane to find out that I must exit the terminal take a train to another terminal and then go through security again. Oh boy. The train stops half way there and has broken down. I can't help but giggle to myself and look a little insane to those that are with me in my little train compartment...what a hell of a day! The train moves but goes back the opposite direction. Wonderful! Here we go.....
Somewhere around 30 minutes later we are off to the new terminal to meet a LONG line of folks waiting to get through security. As I listen to the TSA shout out commands over and over it makes me think of a circus. Yes, the security area is just like a circus and the TSA agents there actually are entertaining!
I have fifteen minutes to go to the Presidents club and relax, boot up my laptop and check Email. Okay I can do that...breath in....breath out. Relax ~E~. Instead I end up checking out my Facebook page and see that there is very little activity today. HA! They all ought to be here with me! My mind is all over the place today...deep in thought and missing my kids. I just want to get home. I want to see my kids, play with my dogs, and feel the comfort of my own bed beneath me.
Great news! My plane is now delayed...ha ha and here I sit observing and blogging at the same time. No problem. This is the life in the fast lane and this is the story of my life....I love it!