Monday, March 9, 2009

Work of today and work of yesterday....

So, today as I decipher interface messages and figure out why the ABO test goes out but the analyte ABO_INTEP_1 result does not come back...looking through the segments, elements, tables, and events to determine exactly where the error is...I have to read through something like this.......(this is a sample patient registration message)

MSH^~\&AccMgr120050110045504ADT^A01599102P2.3 EVNA0120050110045502 PID110006579^^^1^MRN^1DUCK^DONALD^D19241010M1111 DUCK ST^^FOWL^CA^999990000^^M1888555121288855512121240007716^^^AccMgr^VN^1123121234NO NK11DUCK^HUEYSO3583 DUCK RD^^FOWL^CA^9999900008885552222Y PV11IPREOP^101^1^1^^^S337^DISNEY^WALT^^^^^^AccMgr^^^^CI01137^DISNEY^WALT^^^^^^AccMgr^^^^CI240007716^^^AccMgr^VN41G20050110045253 GT118291DUCK^DONALD^D111^DUCK ST^^FOWL^CA^999990000888555121219241010M1123121234#Cartoon Ducks Inc111^DUCK ST^^FOWL^CA^9999900008885551212PT DG11I971596^OSTEOARTHROS NOS-L/LEG ^I9OSTEOARTHROS NOS-L/LEG A IN11MEDICARE3MEDICARECartoon Ducks Inc198910014DUCK^DONALD^D119241010111^DUCK ST^^FOWL^CA^999990000123121234APTM111 DUCK ST^^FOWL^CA^9999900008291 IN21123121234Cartoon Ducks Inc123121234A8885551212 IN12NON-PRIMARY9MEDICAL MUTUAL CALIF.PO BOX 94776^^HOLLYWOOD^CA^4414147768003621279PUBSUMBCartoon Ducks Inc7DUCK^DONALD^D119241010111 DUCK ST^^FOWL^CA^999990000056269770PTM111^DUCK ST^^FOWL^CA^9999900008291 IN22123121234Cartoon Ducks Inc8885551212 IN13SELF PAY1SELF PAY51

Fun huh?? Actually for me...it is. Sick, I know. Nerd that I am. Fortunately my interface sputter was much more detailed and required much more deciphering....how cool is that? Needless to say..I found it - fixed it...its working! Yeay! Now on to the rest of my blog....

So, as I read some of my favorite hospital Doctor and nurse blogs - I laugh at their humor and experiences and sigh at the pain of others.... I reflect back to my days on the floor with patients...holding their hands, giving emotional support, helping them, making them feel better (or worse), the funny situations, the unbelievable occurrences, the memory makers, the tear jerkers....the interaction is something I often miss. I am very much a people person and you just don't get that in Information technology. I have some very fond memories but then I also have some that make me say I will NEVER go back to working on the floor!! So thank you blog writers for sharing your daily stories that allow me to step back to the bedside if even for a moment. You round out my day and bring the reality of things back into my technological world of computers and all things digital!


~E