Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rain Rain come and stay.....it is I who wants to go away...


I slept on and off last night listening to the rain. It was nice. The new BP med I am on makes my dreams a bit loopy so lately I am in and out of dream state in my attempts to slumber. I recall hearing the rain pouring down and thought how lovely the sound was...calming. I also recall some wicked clapping thunder...also nice to hear yet it reminded me of my week of work hell in Florida. On occasion I thought there was someone next to me breathing softly and my mind would wander going backwards to the time I was happily married and I would listen to my spouse sleeping next to me.....I was wondering am I dreaming? as a slow panic and dread would start to emerge! Then I would think that perhaps it was my boyfriend and I would slowly drift back to sleep calmly realizing it was just my dog....I am alone.

I also recall the fast paced rain and my thoughts of the ocean...it is really calling me isn't it? Every night lately I dream of being along the ocean side (pacific ocean) listening to the lapping sounds of the sea. I want to sit on the cliff and just lose myself in the sounds.

Well, back to reality. I am getting my new stove today. Yes, a big event for me. I haven't purchased such an item in approximately 18 years? One came with my house I built in Florida (when I lived in that awful state) so that doesn't count!!!! So I guess I have NEVER purchased such an item. Replacing my professional size 1940's stove with a 36" beautiful stainless steel convection oven sweet heart! Just the modern look and feel has me excited....my kitchen will need to be updated as it still has that 1917 appeal. I love my old house....but crave a modern kitchen. Yes, I am crazy.


~E