Observative and/or watchful is a great trait to have. Its great when those skills of tentively perceiving and watching are done with engagement of the mind. Hopefully the mind is of sound judgement and perception. Often I can be very unattentive to things going on around me. I don't take the time to engage in the actions and reactions of those around me. As a mother I innately do this with my children and can tell you if they are lying or not with a 100% accuracy! I can tell you if they are sad, happy, or bored. No matter how old they are this seems to be something I will never lose...why would I want to?
There is truth in the saying 'actions speak louder than words'. The truth is that everyone acts upon their true self and persona. My point on this topic is this: rather than concluding with empty interpretations off of pieces and parts of factual data....conclude with 100% accuracy and put the pieces and parts of fact together with action. Better yet.....observe tentatively and open mindedly. Leave behind all judgemental tendancies based on beliefs, misconceptions,, and past experiences.
Actions speak louder than words......Indeed they do, but we must not forget that words are a unit of language that bring meaning to expression. We must take care to use our words wisely and not with empty meaning. When actions and words are combined and moving in synch we have congruity. Beautiful music for the soul called harmony. I am striving to be more observant of those around me as well as being mindful of my own actions. In truth there is nothing I desire more in my life than that of beautiful harmony.
Here is a quote from Professor Randy Pausch who wrote the book the "Last Lecture". This simple quote is what inspired me to blog on this particular topic of observation.... "When it comes to men that are romantically interested in you, it's really simple: just ignore everything they say, and only pay attention to what they do." hmmmm.....really?
~E (i personally like the harmony concept but do believe that men tend to speak volumes in their actions)