
So I left my client site today, yet driving around in South Florida I can't help but notice (as though I haven't noticed before!) all the very posh vehicles cruising around town. Does that mean the area in which I am working is wealthy? I see both ends of the stick here...there are many houses that appear to be low income....more so than those that are on the high end of financial success. Who is to say really that because a house is small, pink, has bars on the window, and appears to be in poor condition that the owners/residence of the home are low income? I bet they are far happier and full in life than the person driving the shiny BMW around town. I also bet that the residence in my example home are also better human beings...but then again...the person behind the wheel of that BMW can be a wonderfully kind and prominent citizen who is just as happy as the next person!
Success comes in various forms of measurement. My parents for instance, place success in the all mighty dollar. If you have many of dollars you are successful. To me, success can be both. I don't poo poo the fact that if you are able to make money and retain it (grow it as well) then you are a successful person but I also don't poo poo the fact that it is not ONLY money that can make a person successful but happiness and goodness in life can also make a person successful! Even if this person is not financially secure.
I consider myself successful. I have succeeded in everything I set out to accomplish. I am not financially rich but I am secure. I can hold my own.
Admittedly those posh cars do attract me. Its a curiosity sort of attraction more than anything. I always try to glean a look at the driver to see if I can tell if they are happy, arrogant, cute, pretty, or simple. I wonder just what type of person would spend such an exuberant amount of money on a vehicle.
~E