
GRRRRRRR!!!!! Sums up my feelings for today. One step forward ten steps back. Life in the world of information technology is fun yet challenging to say the least. Pushes my buttons to the limit!
Good Lord, I am coming to the conclusion that I have set personal expectations from work and life way way way too high. My ex husband often told me that my expectations were just too much. He said I was way too pushy and an extremely hard mom. I always felt that my expectations were simple really; Do it well, do it right, and do it. Of course don't forget to communicate constantly to me...the good, the bad, the ugly so that I can work to make things good for him, them, and for me! Well....needless to say after 21 years we got divorced. I was way too needy I suppose. I laugh as I write this because I still feel like I gave way more than I got and compromised constantly only to be disappointed continually.
At work the same thing applies....I expect to do it well, do it right, and do it....and want the same back from my employer and team mates. Pffffft. Much like my ex....half ass Charlie is all around me!! Why do folks live like this?? I get pieces and parts and never the full kit and kaboodle so now how the heck amd I supposed to put out a good product? Grrrrrrr......
As for me...my life. I still have high expectations for everyone around me. Laughing again as I say this because I am finding myself often with empty hands again. Perhaps my ex...as annoying and slow as he seems he may be right in something. I expect too much. I need to relax and just go with the flow.
Nah....Screw that!! I have lived my entire adult life unhappy. For the first time in years I AM HAPPY!! I don't think I ask too much and I have a hell of a lot more living to do and by golly I am going to do it MY WAY OR THE HIGH WAY!! I won't settle for anything less. My kids WILL be out of my house in three years. I WILL be successful in my career. I WILL have my doctorate and by golly I will be stimulated with constant love, appreciation, adornment, and anything else I desire. To top it all off (icing on the cake)...I will have a vegetable garden and beautiful flowers in my yard! You can take all of the above to the BANK! Did I tell you I am also a determined stubborn Hungarian??

~E