Hello blog world! Its been awhile since I have written indeed. I've missed my writing and perhaps that's why I have had a storm of emotional thoughts flowing through my head! Without putting them on paper (virtual or physical) they have nowhere to go but float around in my head and cause disruption.
My son has completed boot camp and is an official Navy Sailor now. Proud proud proud...
I wrote this the other day on my Facebook account but want to share it here...enjoy or sleep or whatever you do with my writing!
Another 'Hallmark' day as some of us call it. Just another reason for the marketing world to sell sell sell...these used to be my thoughts. Why celebrate such an event with silly cards and candy? Well....the older I get the more sentimental I get. Its kind of a nice thing to be able to express your love for someone through celebration and sharing. We are supposed to do this every day yes, however in the hustle and bustle of life we forget to say 'I Love you' and we forget to let those that we cherish know how much we cherish them and appreciate them.
I have always been a touchie feely kinda gal and constantly tell my kids I love them to the point that they probably don't really hear it when I say it. Hugging is a constant in my house. My parents were opposite and never freely expressed their love but yet I know they love me dearly. Everyone is different and I respect that. I respect it and think that this day of 'Valentines' is a good excuse to allow those that don't express it ..to come forth and doing something different and show just how much you love someone. A simple card can mean so much! Flowers even more......Candy...wow. So don't forget that Valentines Day is Feb 14th and do something special.
FYI:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valentine's Day or Saint Valentine's Day is a holiday celebrated on February 14 by many people throughout the world. In the English-speaking countries, it is the traditional day on which lovers express their love for each other by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers, or offering confectionery. The holiday is named after two Early Christian martyrs named Valentine. The day became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.
The day is most closely associated with the mutual exchange of love notes in the form of "valentines". Modern Valentine symbols include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten notes have largely given way to mass-produced greeting cards.[1]