Day 2 in beautiful San Diego and I can't get over how happy I am to see my son. I sat here this morning looking at him sleeping soundly in his bed. He is an adult now yet, I still see the little boy that says "mommy I love you thissssssss much".
Being in the Navy has made my son a man. He is so grown up I can't get over it. Well, partially grown up as he swings his phone around making the sounds of Star War's sabers....he is still a little boy in a man's body. I love that kid.
Anyway, today we are off to see the sail fest....something I am very excited about. Seeing the tall ships is a beautiful thing. They stand tall in all their glory and make me think of the days when that was how people traveled to this country. Then we are off to my son's base.
I get to see where my son lives his life and has started his career...the Navy base. Its a small one yes indeed. We went to the NEX yesterday and it brought back memories of when I was a Navy wife. Toting my oldest into the NEX to grocery shop and get baby formula. They haven't changed much at all.
Amazingly I found my way to La Jolla yesterday out of memory....beautiful place. So, today is a full one and off I go. til' my next write......
~e