I am off again traveling across time zones to the West Coast but this time for work. I know, I travel a LOT. I love to travel there is no question about that but sitting here I realize why I gave this all up. I gave up traveling for a living. This one trip is an exception to the rule because my new job is requiring some training on a new system we are getting. I am giving my professional traveling a rest until my youngest finishes her last two years in High School. These are times with your children you can't get back and I intend to make the best of my time with her.
I am sitting here missing my family and loved ones so much and I haven't even left the ground yet. I will be gone for a week. A week feels like a life time really when you have someone you love and they love you waiting for your return. Funny, I never felt this way before when I traveled....of course I didn't have someone in my life like I have now. I was a divorced lonely soul who found happiness in the sky exploring other cultures and ways of life as well as meeting all sorts of people and friends along the way. Nice huh? Yes, but having love is so much better believe me. If I had a choice to travel again or stay at home with the people I love....home wins out big time.
Anyway, gotta go....about to board this monster to head to Hellacious Hot Arizona....
~e