
I complete my Masters program in May and am considering continuation to obtain a Doctoral degree. This is the topic of my discussion because I am stuck. I am sure I want to do this but unsure if it is financially sound of me to do so. I am thinking long run here. Since my generation has to work until they die I may as well obtain the highest degree to prepare myself for a nice comfortable job when the time comes for me to not travel so much and settle down....physically. Hopefully I can retain some semblance of intelligence along the way!
Me and my dictionary addiction...here is a definition of the Doctoral Degree:
A doctoral degree is by nature and tradition the highest certificate of membership in the academic community. As such, it is meant to indicate the presence of superior qualities of mind and intellectual interests of high attainments in a chosen field. It is not conferred merely as a certificate to a prescribed course of study and research, no matter how long or how faithfully pursued. All requirements and regulations leading to a doctoral degree are devices whereby a student may demonstrate present capacities and future promise for scholarly work.
Nice huh? I love the way that is spelled out! The presence of superior qualities of mind! LOL!!!! For those folks in the world that know me I already know they are laughing their asses off! Now I have two things to work out (uh oh..research) Financially a good decision? If yes...Health Care or Information Technology? * sigh *
think...think....think....
~E