Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Sales Man who could....

So the sales guy at the store today talks to me about people not really understanding computers and how to maintain them all the while insinuating that I am a woman who knows nothing of computers! HA! Nerd...I know more than he could ever imagine or even know himself. I stand there silently as he explains how Trojans work and how spyware slows down computers. He advises me on how to avoid these things and the best products out there while I remain silent and in awe. He tries to explain why this one particular laptop is cheaper than the other but is not doing a very good job at it in my opinion...yet he talks proudly as though he knows what he is talking about when really...he made absolutely no sense and I stand there in silence letting him bask in his own glory. Some of the terminology he uses is incorrect and informing me that bluetooth is a must have on any laptop when I beg to differ and find that it all depends on the user. My 14 year old daughter does NOT need bluetooth for any reason what so ever and all I want to get her is the mini laptop that can function as an e-machine. Yet I say nothing because the smarter than mankind man will not allow me to get a word in edge wise. I would have loved to tell him what I do for a living and my educational level however, I chose to let this sales man in a blue vest continue on in his glorious light of self satisfaction thinking that he is so the man and so smart and I am so the woman and so dumb. LOL!!! My son snickered the whole time and said mom why didn't you speak up? You know you outsmart this guy by a million to one!!! Because I outsmart this guy...I chose to be silent. Sometimes it is wiser to be silent than to make an ass out of yourself by making someone else feel small.

~E